Moroccan Argan Oil Skin Care Benefits
This oil is produced from the kernels of the argan tree fruit which grows in few areas, one of which is Morocco. One of its species, the Argania which once covered North Africa is now endangered and under UNESCO’s protection. It is valued for its nutritive, cosmetic and medicinal value. The amount of oil produced is very limited due to the small growing area, thus the high price.
Argan oil consists of a blend of fatty acids (over 70% oleic and linoleum acids). It’s also rich in vitamin E, phenols and carotenes. There are some researches that indicate that argan oil can be used as treatment for psoriasis and to control sebum on the skin.
Argan oil has been recognized as a fundamental element in cosmetic care and is being used in several personal care products. Researches who have studied the effects of argan oil use strongly recommend its use.
Its only downside might be that its high amount of oleic acid can clog pores and cause inflammatory acne.
Benefits of Argan Oil
1. Can help reduce wrinkles in a noticeable way and softens skin
2. Has proteins that tighten the skin and protect its elasticity
3. regenerates the skin by restarting vital functions
4. protects skin from the damaging effects of the sun, weather, pollution, stress,
5. reduces skin irritation and inflammation
6. notably reduces scars produced by acne and chicken pox
7. regulates sebum in oily skin
8. hydrates the skin, restores its natural barrier and neutralizing free radicals
9. Used to treat acne, eczema and psoriasis
10. soothes rheumatism and arthritis pain
11. helps prevent stretch marks caused by pregnancy or weight fluctuations
12. restores remarkable shine to hair, cares for scalp to advance hair growth, and helps to mend split ends
13. Safe enough to use on your baby’s skin
Products containing Argan Oil
1. Agadir Argan Oil Hair Treatment (formerly known as Moroccan Gold)
This leave-in treatment is non-greasy, penetrates instantly, moisturizes, nourishes and conditions hair. Eliminates frizziness and it’s humidity resistant. It’s also recommended for all hair types. You can buy 2 oz. for $20.99 and 4 oz. for $34.99.
2. Moroccan Oil Moisture Repair Shampoo
Provides your hair with a gentle cleanse while it also infuses hair with aragan oil, keratin, fatty acids and proteins. This formula does not conn sulfates, phosphates or paragons and is completely safe to use on color treated hair. This product is supposed to improve the overall health of the hair. This product ranges from $16.99 for 8.5 oz to 33.8 oz. for $60.99.
3. Moroccan Oil Restorative Hair Mask
This product offers a therapeutic remedy that helps reconstruct and rebuild the hair’s natural qualities. It helps undo the damage done by chemicals, sun and wind. 8 oz. of this hair mask will cost you $32.99 and 16.9 oz., $59.99.
4. Kiehl’s Limited Edition Argan Body Lotion
This product is blended with Moroccan Argan Oil and Argan Leaf Extract. IT is lightweight and easily absorbed to restore softness and help skin become radiant and healthy looking. This product is available for $55.00.
5. 100% Organic Argan Oil-All Natural for Baby
It offers nourishing skin care for baby and Mom. It is all natural, grown and harvested without toxic chemicals or pesticides. Available for $46.00.
Posted by admin
on Nov 25th, 2009 and filed under NATURAL INGREDIENTS
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0
You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.